Thursday 27 January 2011

Thursday, 27 January 2011

Temptation #1

My MIL invited us for dinner last night. Yesterday she and her lady friends had a mengaji session at one of the ladies' house. Such sessions usually end with my MIL bringing home lots of leftover home cooked Kelantanese food. Yesterday was no exception.

Before going there, I made a resolution to refrain myself from over eating. And refrain I did. I had a bowl of laksa Kelantan, loaded with generous amounts of ulam and 4 pieces of keropok. For desserts, I had a piece of kueh kaswi and a piece of talam ubi. MIL offered coffee but I declined. DD munched 3 kueh kaswi, 2 talam ubi and a kueh lapis. She has a sweet tooth, just like me.

Later on MIL and I packed the leftover for us to bring home. So now sitting invitingly in my fridge are left over laksa, kueh kaswi, kueh lapis, talam and 'kekah kekah cha' (for the life of me, I can't recall a more 'decent' name for this kueh). Oh dear, it's going to be hard to keep my hands away from the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment