Wednesday 9 February 2011

Wednesday, 9 February 2011

The Culprit

I've acquired a new habit. That is, checking calorie content on food packagings. For someone who never bothered about calories, fats, and the likes, it's a mind opener to discover that there's actually useful information on our standard food packagings.

The shocker happened at the grocery shop yesterday. While perusing rows upon rows of my favourite beverage (coffee, if you haven't already known), I found my usual 3-in-1 purchase and took a close look at the calorie information. My eyes almost jumped out of their sockets when I saw that a sachet of the said 3-in-1 contains about 350 kcals! My oh my, that's about a quarter of my daily calorie requirement!

In a way, I'm happy that the 3-in-1 boasts such a huge calorie count. I have now singled out one of main reasons for my bulging thighs. The right thing to do is to eliminate the offending item out of my shopping list right away. Since I'm not ready to forgo coffee altogether, I'm opting for alternatives that do not take up such a huge portion of my daily calorie need. I noticed that Indocafe has only 10kcals per serving. Even after adding 1 tsp each of sugar and creamer, I'm pretty sure the total calorie won't reach anywhere near 350 kcal.

As the saying goes, knowledge is power. Now I know that for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment